8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Stop wasting time and make better decisions
TRANSFORM YOUR PROJECTS AFTER JUST 2 DAYS IN OUR WORKSHOP
Change is hard. Getting people to understand each other and align on common goals is hard. High stakes decisions have to be made with scant information, brain-hurting complexity and rapidly moving goalposts. Dialogue Mapping cuts through this clutter to bring people’s views together in a fraction of the time it normally takes.
Dialogue Mapping is a versatile design thinking and decision making tool that has been used by innovative organisations all over the world. It adds a whole new dimension to traditionally facilitated workshops such as strategic planning, solution design, goal alignment, options analysis and project lessons learnt. In this two-day, practical and highly interactive experience, master Dialogue Mapper – Paul Culmsee – will provide you with the skills and knowhow to apply the approach to your own work.
Who is this class for?
Those involved in complex decision-making. This includes executives, management consultants, business analysts, project managers, facilitators, change agents and anybody else who wants to get the best out of group wisdom.
No prior experience is necessary!
I was fortunate enough to be trained by Paul Culmsee on Dialogue Mapping several years ago. As a workshop facilitation and sensemaking tool it is without equal. It is also great for capturing and sharing tacit knowledge and simplifying complex documents making them easier to understand and faster to navigate.” Peter Schmidt, Microsoft
You will benefit from attending if…
- You are tired of endless focus group and steering committee meetings
- You want people to have their voice, have it heard, and have it acknowledged in a meaningful way
- You want to supercharge your BA or facilitation toolkit
- You like brainstorming but would really like some structure to see how the ideas relate to each other
- You have been involved in some great technology projects but are still wondering why no one uses it
- You love the concept of shared understanding and facilitating that for your team, other teams in your organisation or clients
Why Dialogue Mapping?
- Utilising a unique approach to visually representing a problem, Dialogue Mapping enables the groups to follow the discussion on a shared display and develop shared commitment to solutions that last.
- Promotes greater shared understanding of complex problems amongst participants and greater commitment to a course of action
- Maps decision and detailed rationale behind decision-making; maps the thinking process of the group, exploring all ideas that underpin decisions
- Represents and clarifies diverse points of view, conflicting interpretations and goals, inconsistent information and other forms of complexity
- Provides an opportunity for all to be heard, contributions acknowledged. Decreases interruptions, repetition and dominance of a few, leverages ‘crowd wisdom’ by tapping into the knowledge of all participants
- Helps participants come up with innovative ideas and avoids jumping to simplistic answers or superficial conclusions
Paul Culmsee is a Management Consultant, Technologist, Facilitator and Sense-maker with 25 years experience. As one of only four Cognexus Certified Dialogue Mappers in the world, Paul commonly works in disciplines as diverse as healthcare, urban planning and large scale construction projects.
Paul is the only authorised Dialogue Mapping trainer outside of the USA and has delivered training around the world.
Course Aims and Outcomes
Revitalise strategy by enhancing the traditional approach to meetings, workshops and decision making
- Recognise the characteristics of complex (wicked) problems and the tools and approaches required to enable collaborative approaches to solving them
- Frame questions that can guide and accelerate the problem solving process and assist in the facilitation of those issues
- Mobilise diverse groups to perform critical analysis in dynamic situations, ensuring all voices are heard without bias and making that critical thinking visible
- Make better decisions by capturing all stakeholder viewpoints and rationale
- Create breakthroughs in understanding by creating clear, coherent and inviting issue maps that enable the discovery of patterns and emerging themes, keeping a group engaged and focused
- Gain insight on how to apply this method in various scenarios based on significant real-world case studies involving methods such as Design Thinking, Open Space, and Multicriterial Decision Making
- Experience the feel of mapping live in front of a group
- Immediately start Issue & Dialogue Mapping in your work and life; the class will focus on practical experience and map building
- What can I bring to the event? The event is catered, but you will need to bring your laptop and unsre that Dialouge Mapping software is installed. Don’t worry though, once you register we will send you detailed instructions or help you directly to get it installed.
- How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Email MD Indera Tasripin: email@example.com
- Is my registration fee or ticket transferable? Yes. If you are unable to attend, you can nominate someone else in your place
- Is it OK if the name on my ticket or registration doesn’t match the person attending? Yes but if you would let us know ahead of time, that would be great.